Optimizing Images For the Web
An Interview With Zach Prez
This week my special guest is Zach Prez from PhotographySpark.com If you’re thinking about getting your images online Zach goes over a few things you’ll want to think about including:
- is Facebook enough for creating a web presence?
- free blog options like Blogger.com vs. self hosted like WordPress.org
- having a good naming convention for images for search-ability and SEO (search engine optimization)
- optimal file sizing so images online load quickly
- creating a brand and labeling your images with it
- adding text with your images to encourage fans and friends to interact and comment on it
Even if you have absolutely zero aspirations to become a professional, or have a website there’s some good tips in there for you. For an extra bonus video on “How to size your images for the web” scroll down to the end of the article.
Links mentioned in the video
Bonus video sizing images online sharing
In this video I run through some quick “how to” tips for sizing and exporting using both Lightroom and Photoshop.
About Zach Prez
With 10 years Internet marketing experience I’ve consulted huge photography companies, contributed to dozens of popular websites, and been featured in magazines like Professional Photographer. I’ve personally helped hundreds of photographers with these tactics via workshops and one-on-one coaching, plus thousands more through my ebooks. Connect with Zach:
Grab a copy of Zach’s FREE ebook: 5 Traffic Sparks to help drive traffic to your website