I've been a photographer for over 25 years and gone through many incarnations of myself in this industry. I've photographed everything from soup to hay (literally—doing food photography); weddings; family portraits; corporate events and products.
Now, I'm dedicated to helping ordinary people like you learn how to use your SLR, to take better photos, and to really enjoy what you're doing.
Through my experience working with people just like you—helping them learn how to use their cameras, troubleshooting and solving their problems; and going out with them on workshops and tours—I’ve come to understand that many aspiring photographers have a lot of the same questions, issues and even fears.
Through regular articles written by me, and selectively chosen guest authors, you’ll get step by step information on the challenges you’re most interesting in overcoming.
I live in Edmonton Alberta Canada, but along with my husband (who manages my website), travel abroad quite often.
Posts by Darlene:
- Quality of Light – What is it? How do you use it?
- Outdoor Photographers From Photo Cascadia Interview
- Overcoming Common Photography Mistakes – an Interview with James Brandon
- Big Announcement – Darlene is the new Managing Editor of Digital Photography School
- 4 Tips for Creating Better Travel Photos in Crowded Tourist Locations
- How to Avoid Travel Photography Failure