To create great silhouette photographs there’s a few things you’ll need to know. In this 40 minute silhouette photography tutorial, Erika Thornes shares the 3 keys – angle of view, separation and exposure. Learn some of her other tips and tricks, and a even a few post processing techniques using Lightroom. This interview has great take away information so you can go do your own silhouettes right away!
Valerie Jardin talks about street photography. Here’s a short list of a few of the things you will learn about in this interview:
- how to take storytelling images
- how to get started photographing people if you’re nervous about it
- the best lens for street photography
- keeping the photography passion alive
- post processing and black and white
- how to get over that “grass is greener” feeling, and get out shooting in your own area
- what is the “Decisive Moment” and how to use it in your photography
- photographing people on the street: is it okay, what to look for, approach
- when do you need a model release for people photography, what are the rules
Interview with wilderness and nature photographers Jay and Varina Patel. You will learn about their philosophies, some of their favourite images and the stories that go with them, the business of photography, filters, Photoshop, seeing light, HDR and more!
Four professional photographers discuss watermarking photos for the internet. Pros & cons of watermarking images are discussed.
Boost your creativity – undertaking a photography project is a great way to do this, so I’ll be talking to several photographers (some pro, some amateur) about their projects to help light a fire under your butt to get going on one yourself. The first in the series featured Darcy Evans with his Doll Collection project. This week I’d like to introduce Matt Leitholt.
New series featuring projects by upcoming and aspiring photographers and readers. This week how personal projects can help you boost creativity and increase your passion for photography.
All this best this holiday season! Some festive images for you to enjoy and a message for you to consider. Pass it along!
With the Christmas season upon us, it’s time to think about gift giving. But what to you get the photography enthusiast in your life that already has all the tools, gadgets and toys? Here are some special sale prices on products I personally recommend to help you with your Christmas shopping.
November 2012 desktop wallpaper for your computer this month an image from San Francisco, California. Two actually, take your pick!