10 reasons you need to attend – Photography Workshop in Drumheller, Alberta
Live, interactive, photography workshop in the historically rich area of Drumheller, Alberta
Put these dates in your calendar now: September 20-22nd 2013
Start time is Friday at 3pm, workshop ends on Sunday at approximately 4:30pm
See below for more details and pricing
This will be the second edition for this workshop! The Drumheller area of southern Alberta is an oasis on the prairies. It’s a desert in the middle of wheat fields, where you’ll find old coal mines, dinosaur bones, deep canyons, ghost towns, and even a tumbleweed or two on occasion. If you are not familiar with the area, it’s sort of like a mini Grand Canyon, mixed with Arizona desert, mixed with the old west. Click on the either of the maps below to see where Drumheller is exactly and how far away you might be. If you live in Washington, Idaho or Montana you’re just a days drive away. Or course if you live in Alberta, BC or Saskatchewan you are close as well.
The 10 reasons you need to be in Drumheller in September!
- You come away with the best shots you can get, and won’t miss a single photo opportunity because you get individual photography tutoring (privately worth $85/hr) as you are photographing, on location. That means anything you are struggling with, any shots that aren’t coming out how you envisioned them – can be reviewed and adjusted ON SITE (with personal one on one attention) before we leave the location.
- A non-intimidating photo shoot with a model. With professional photography instruction and assistance during the session, the fear factor will be removed from the equation. If you’ve never worked with people or done any portrait photography, now’s your chance!
- YOU will take images so good you may surprise yourself! You will get to work with an experienced photography teacher, Darlene Hildebrandt, who will show you how to create great lighting on location and pose people. With a little guidance and support, you’ll be photographing with confidence.
- Possibly the experience of a lifetime with other photography enthusiasts (this is not a workshop for professional photographers) in a uniquely beautiful valley
- You get to photograph at the optimal times of day for the best light possible, not like other tours where you end up at the best locations at midday, and the worst lighting conditions. This is a workshop and tour designed for photography.
- Midday class-time so you’re out of the afternoon heat at its peak and photographing in the best light
- Your images will sing and you’ll learn how to be the conductor! With class time to review images, learn how to make improvements, post processing tips and tricks that are easy and you can do yourself you will leave with knowledge on how to take your images to the next level.
- It’s easy – with no pain, and no stress! All the arrangements, bookings and schedules are planned for you – all you have to do is register, pay and show up!
- Unique locations and opportunities: we will have access to little known locations and entrance into abandoned buildings in a ghost town, not something everyone can just march up and do.
- Learn and practice night photography to dazzle your family and friends! Even if you’ve never done night photography this workshop will help you learn some ins and outs of shooting at night, and once again on site help as you’re shooting.
- BONUS reason – you will a LOT of fun! This workshop is designed to be interactive between the instructors and all the students including down time, and relaxation (although you won’t have much time for that). You will hopefully leave with up to 12 new friends you will stay in touch with after you return home. (We believe strangers are just friends we haven’t met yet)
Don’t take my word for it, see what past participants had to say:
”The Drumheller Workshop was a very diversified workshop ranging from sunrise / sunset / landscape / portrait / light painting etc. The setting in and near Drumheller allows a very wide range of subject material. Darlene was very receptive to working with individuals as well as the group and tried to tailor the material to suit individuals wants and needs. All in all a very enjoyable weekend.” - Brian Hayward
“The Drumheller weekend was a great opportunity to immerse myself in two straight days of learning. Not only were sessions planned to take advantage of the unique location, enabling us to experience different types of photographic situations, but it all happened under the guidance of a helpful, patient, and knowledgeable instructor. All in all, time very well spent.” - Bev Holoboff
“I was one of the students in Darlene Hildebrandt’s September Photography workshop in the Drumheller area. Darlene was knowledgable and easy to work with. The workshop helped me be aware of, and use more of my camera’s capabilities and the way I view a scene before taking a photograph. Both the location and accommodation were excellent choices.” - Larry Flemming
“This seminar is absolutely jam-packed! Be rested and ready because you are going to learn your camera better then you thought possible and also get a gallery of shots that surpass anything you ever imagined being able to take!” - Dara Choy
Better yet – take a look at some of the images THEY captured!
- Where: Drumheller, Alberta the spectacular badlands
- When: September 20-22nd, 2013
- What: photography workshop with live, on location photography including a model session
- Who: for beginners, intermediate, amateur photographers, hobbyists, people who love photography but it isn’t their livelihood or business
- Why: to expand your photographic horizons, meet some new friends, learn a trick or two and have lots of fun!
Great value, you get ALL this for $950
- 2 nights accommodation (prices based on double occupancy, if you wish to have your own private room $150 will be added to the price)
- 2 continental breakfasts
- 1 lunch
- 1 dinner
- 3 location photography sessions including 1 session with at least one model (an additional one will be added if there are enough participants)
- 4 hours class-time for review of images, processing tips and general question and answer session
- Ongoing instructor support during the location shoots
- Possible prizes and bonuses for student contest winners after the workshop
- Photography instruction and tutoring from a 25 year experienced professional photographer
This workshop is for you if:
- you are a beginner to intermediate, amateur or hobby photographer
- you have a DSLR or Micro 4/3′s camera (that has manual controls) and want to get more out of it
- you love to travel
- you like meeting new people
- you love learning new things
- you want to improve your photography
- you want to know how to make your images have the punch they seem to lack
- you want new experiences
- you are fun and open minded
This workshop is NOT for you if:
- you are a working professional photographer (this is not a portfolio expansion opportunity)
- you have a point and shoot camera (unfortunately those cameras are a bit limiting and there isnt’ as much to learn for them so you may not get as much value out of the course)
- you already have some good images (you think) but want someone to review them for you (you may be interested in an online private tutoring session which maybe more suited to your needs if that is the case)
- you are under 18 (sorry no minors)
Space is limited do not miss out!
If you have a discount code, once you get to the Paypal page there is a place to enter it to claim your special discounted rate.
- cancellation more than 60 days in advance you will get a full refund (cut off July 22nd, 2013)
- cancellation 31-60 days in advance a 10% retainer fee will apply (you get 90% refunded July 23rd to August 21st)
- cancellation 15-30 days in advance a 30% retainer fee will apply (you get 70% refunded August 22nd to September 5th)
- cancellation less than 14 days before the workshop – no refund will be issued. At that point hotel rooms, models and other booking fees will have been paid in advance and cannot be returned to the workshop organizers, so any last minute cancellations unfortunately cannot be refunded and the full balance is the retainer fee.
Please complete the two step registration process to sign up for this workshop.
Step one – please fill in the form below with the information required. Upon submission of the form below, you will be redirected to the payment page (Step Two) which must be completed in order to guarantee your registration.
Note: Both steps must be completed to have a confirmed spot in the workshop